Friday 24 April 2009

Pirohova again

This is the most admired painting in the exhibition, in all three wanted to buy it! I promised my niece I would make one for her after the exhibition. Since much water had flown down the Dnieper(now Thames) since I painted the original, (below),


I thought I should do a study before attempting the painting, and here it is:

For me the sky in the original had some warmth, which is different in the study, what do you think, skies are mostly accidental, but I can try to add the same warmth in the painting I am going to do soon.

2 comments:

  1. hi appa, yes the sky needs to be changed so it matches the original, that part is important. Otherwise you have done a good job, make sure the shadows are strong and dark (like the sides of the church) and also make sure that there is a tall tree on the left..it adds some balance. this is why your first painting was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our congratulations !!!
    Pirohova is wonderful. The sea of snow and the small waves on it have come out very well.

    We wish to see a bright sky in the Ukrainian winter ...
    but afraid we hardly have it . Therefore , the sky looks gloomy , but real .

    ReplyDelete