Wednesday 2 June 2010

The Church of St Margarets Newton, Herefordshire

While attending the literary festival at the 'Hay on the Wye' last weekend, we stayed in a small but lovely parish of St Margarets Newton, some 10 miles away from the Hay. It was on a most scenic part of  Herefordshire and an early morning walk took us to this lovely old church with the sun just coming out after a day of rain. I wish I had brought my sketch book with me, but the early morning scene was so beautiful and was well etched in my mind.The feeling of early morning sunlight has been well captured in my painting in which I had pushed the focus to the golden mean area. The orderly tombstones had been replaced by some loose ones to give some 'life', (I mean to the painting). Done Bockingboard 485gms Rough half sheet. Comments and criticisms welcome! Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment