Monday 5 April 2010

Hovis Hill (Gold Hill) of Shaftesbury, Dorset

Not been able to paint for while what with our holiday in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight, some of the most beautiful places in the UK and a busy Ester period thereafter. Alas the weather was not our ally but we were able to cover most of the important places we had planned to see. The famous ' Hovis Hill(Gold Hill) street of the village Shaftesbury is one! I remember having participated in a challenge to paint this quaint street last year in the Wetcanvas forum. This street is made famous by the Hovis bread ad, have a look!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLBvLxLJMI 
After visiting this place, I really was motivated to do a little painting of this scene. Here is my version. I did this on a watercolour canvas and I liked the surface. I did this small since I am new to this surface. May do more, bigger ones soon! Comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment