Friday 8 January 2010

Happy new year!




Hi, folks, wishing all of you a very very happy, prosperous and healthy new year! It is quite sometime since I blogged! We had a wonderful visit to India (Chennai, Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai, Thirukadaiyur, Swamimalai, Kumbakonam, Coimbatore, Udumalpet, Tirupur and finally New Delhi). The magic of India is still fresh with me, please have a glimpse of some of the places we visited by clicking this album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/murugesan18/IndiaVisit2009#


Though I went with my travel painting kit, never had a chance to paint, but did some sketches during the last leg of the visit. Some of them are here!




My first painting of this year, a village scene from Tamilnadu, India, using a photo I took near Thirukkadaiyur. I especially enjoyed working (for the first time) on the handmade paper I brought from India, which is very versatile and very forgiving! 49cm x 33 cm.

Comments welcome, as usual!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Muru!

    Great work. The sketches are interesting and the portraits are good. Keep it up!! It is good to see the Tirukadayur painting on the net. Waiting for more.

    Rgds

    Rohini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muru - I really love this street scene...it is so alive and light...great colours. And I love the little goats tripping along with their shadows! Ok - looking at your blog is inspiring me to try to do some painting this weekend!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth, I hope to see your output soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the love of your subject matter comes through in your paintings!

    ReplyDelete