Wednesday 21 April 2010

Portrait of my wife and a landscape of a scene from India

I did a portrait of my wife to mark our wedding anniversary which passed by recently. I selected a photograph taken a few  years ago which was a favourite of mine. Here it is, 37 cm x 28 cm CP watercolour paper 140 lb.
 The second painting is a landscape very close to my hometown, it is a river called 'Chinnar'. I tried  a style called as 'bio-mimicry' by the Artist Joe Dowden while doing the trees and the foliage, its a tough thing and time consuming procedure, but I liked the end result. It is done on Waterford rough 640gms watercolour paper, 52cm x 34cm.
Your comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Inspirational indeed. I plan to restart doing water colors soon and would look at your work for learning purpose for sure!

    Start including if you do anything innovative or special that can be repeated by others as well.

    ReplyDelete